The server claims that it is unable to ping any of the hosts defined in the
hosts file. However, when I use `nmblookup hostname`, the IP address that is
displayed corresponds to the host, and a subsequent pinging of that IP address
is successful. What, then, could the problem be? These hosts are all on static
IP's, and are meant to be looked up via their NetBIOS name, as far as I can
tell.

I am using BackupPC 2.1.2, perl-5.8.4, nmblookup 3.0.1.4a-Debian.

Thank you,
Arjun