-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re:[BackupPC-users] rsync file size >50GB
From: Craig Barratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Bernhard Ott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 02.04.2007 09:23

> Bernhard Ott writes:
>
>> So it seems that I have a good reason to perform the upgrade? ;-)
>> Do you recommend to continue using rsync for large files (10-20GB quite
>> regularly, sometimes up to >80GB)? Due to the fact that I have to deal
>> with a mixed OS-situation I would like to stick to rsync.
>
> Yes - you should upgrade and rsync should work fine for large files.
>
>> BTW can the recent version of RsyncP be used with the --prune-empty-dirs
>> option?
>
> I don't think so.  Looking at the rsync source implies it needs
> protocol version 29 to work, and File::RsyncP only supports up
> to 28.
Obviously I'm the only one who is looking forward using this option?
My clients are doing finite element calculations with *huge* data
output. Backup strategy is to save the input data.
For top-priority projects we backup everything using a virtual host with
different FullKeepCnt values including only a single specified
subdirectory. So it's kind of a pain to have all the empty dirs
transferred - but we can live with that. Or am I missing a much more
elegant approach?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Bernhard