Warren Howard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tested this against BackupPC 2.1.2 and BackupPC 3.0 on Gentoo
> Linux.  Basically in both cases I can get BackupPC working fine.  Then
> when I try to "LDAP enable" my system (i.e. I install and configure
> pam_ldap and nss_ldap) BackupPC will stop working.  Specifically
> BackupPC will fail to "daemonize".  When I add "ldap" entries to
> /etc/nsswitch.conf the command "/usr/bin/BackupPC -d"  stops working,
> however I can still run "/usr/bin/BackupPC" in the foreground.  When I
> remove the "ldap" entries from /etc/nsswitch.conf BackupPC works fine
> once more.
>
> I think this is a bug where do I send the bug reports?

I have never had this problem, and I have used nss_ldap and pam_ldap
"for ever". Just a couple of guessed, do you have the backuppc user in
ldap? If not, do you have pam_min_uid set to high?

These are just guesses. I would need to see nsswitch.conf, pam_ldap.conf
pam_nss.conf and perhaps even the pam configuration. I don't know the
exact setup on Gentoo.

Regards,
Stian