John Pettitt wrote:
> James Ward wrote:
>> My understanding is that the current Tiger rsync with the -E flag
>> will do everything needed to make useful backups with BackupPC?  Am I
>> wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> James
>>

> The -E flage doesn't work with backuppc - you can either use tar or
> forgo the resource fork data.  I've been meaning to dig into the code to
> see what -E does that is upsetting backuppc but I haven't had time yet ....
>
> John

I'm strongly considering using BackupPC in an almost all Mac OS X 10.4
organization. I've read in W. Curtis Preston's book Backup & Recovery
that resource forks are very important to OS X functionality. BackupPC
claims to support OS X and therefore I'm assuming that it handles
resource forks correctly. If this isn't the case, I'd be interested in
hearing how well restores go from people using backupPC in an OS X
environment?

If anyone using backupPC with OS X clients could help me understand
that, I would be grateful.

thanks for your time,

Matthew