Peter Carlsson schrieb:
> I know there are identical files on the three hosts although they are
> not located in identical directory tree. How do I configure BackupPC
> to find these repeated/identical files?

BackupPC finds these files automaticially during backup. Only one copy
exist in the pool.

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html
Identical Files

    BackupPC pools identical files using hardlinks. By ``identical
    files'' we mean files with identical contents, not necessary the
    same permissions, ownership or modification time. Two files might
    have different permissions, ownership, or modification time but
    will still be pooled whenever the contents are identical. This is
    possible since BackupPC stores the file meta-data (permissions,
    ownership, and modification time) separately from the file
    contents.

For more details -> 'BackupPC Design' on the same page.

Ralf