(sorry if this is in the mail archives, sourceforge is handing out error
500's today)

I am using BackupPC with about 50 machines, and most of the time it is
working flawlessly. But sometimes a backup, either full or incremental,
will get stuck.

All the systems are identical, using rsync 2.6.9-1.el4.rf. It isn't
consistent in where it hangs, and sometimes canceling and restarting the
backup for that system works fine.

But other times it won't work until that share is removed from the list.

I have straced rsync and it is waiting on input:
select(1, [0], [], NULL, {60, 0}) = 0 (Timeout)

The command on the sever looks like this:

/usr/bin/rsync --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive
--one-file-system --ignore-times . /var/www/

On the BackupPC server I am using File::RsyncP 0.68

Has anyone else run into this? Any solutions or hints?

Thanks,

--
Brian Lane
Etelos, Inc.