To followup on Rob's question a bit:

When using traditional backups, there is a real benefit to using a media
rotation. I really like the Tower of Hanoi rotation
(0,3,2,5,4,7,6,9,8,1,3,2,5,4,...)

I'm using the rotation above for both my regular BackupPC and my
BackupPC4AFS servers. I know it makes sense for the AFS backups, as they're
individual volume dumps.

But on a regular BackupPC server, backing up data files and using
BackupPC's pooling, what kind of rotation (IncrLevels) makes sense? My gut
instinct tells me that Tower of Hanoi is still good, but I'm not 100% sure
due to the pooling and linking.

Cheers, Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C