Hello,

I want save a Windows station with Samba client but it doesn't work and
I don't understand why.
I'd like to backup a Windows XP Pro workstation using  samba client but
it doesn't work.
My server is running  Centos 5 and BackupPC version 3. The workstation
is in a workgroup.

My file "windowspc.pl" :

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = 'windowspc';
$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';
$Conf{SmbShareName} = ['C$'];
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
'*' => ['/Documents and Settings'];
}
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'Administrateur';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = 'MyPassword';

When i try to launch the backup, i have the following error :

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\windowspc\\c\$ -U Administrateur -E -N
-d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc - /Documents\ and\ Settings
full backup started for share C$
Xfer PIDs are now 3975,3974
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
tarExtract: Done: 0 erros, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0
filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share C$)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share C$)

But, when I try to run  "/usr/bin/smbclient \\\\windowspc\\c\$ -U
Administrateur" in a terminal, it works.
Does anybody have an idea ?

Thanks.