zwiskle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just found, that the smbclient package on debian-etch seems to be broken
> - ignoring multiple excludes.
>
> This seems to disqulifing smb method ?
> (I'm doing full-backups ( "*" ) exlcuding some direcotries)
>
> Does the rsync method work ?
> Other methods I can try ? ( giving  the backup-user on Win no
> read-rights to that directory  ?

I don't use smb as it uses too much bandwidth. Instead I install rsync
(cwRsync) on my Windows machines and define a few modules.
This goes very well (read rights can be controlled through the rsync
daemon), fast and saves me a lot of bandwidth.

Regards,

--
Toni Van Remortel, MSc
Linux System Engineer @ Precision Operations NV