On 11/01 08:31 , Rob Owens wrote:
> Wrong list, I know, but I'd like to see a "Search" button.  This is so
> that, for instance, if I know I had a file named 123.txt, but I can't
> remember when it was deleted or when was the last time I saw it, I can
> find it w/o manually looking through potentially 10's or 100's of backups.

it's a pretty decent idea.
for the moment tho:

su -
ls -l `find /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<hostname>|grep -i <filename>`

For those purists out there:
Yes, I know the canonical way to use find would be with something like:
'find /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<hostname> -name <filename> -exec ls -l {} \;'

but I find that 'find <whatever> | grep <whatever>' gives me more
flexibility and isn't noticeably different in speed.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator