Weli backup "/" on all my servers, all my server have software raid
mirror, i have had bad experiance with raid 5 so i am happy with
mirroring...

So i boot up with knoppix and then go to backupppc and simply do a
restore to the bare metal machine drive?  All servers except my NFS have
one partition.... that are mirrored... makes it easy that way for
restoral i figure....
 I was just wondering how backuppc would be able to restore using the
web gui as the bare metal machine would not know about the ssh keys and
such... i have to put up a new server soon i would like to try it on
that machine....

Thanks again for your input, its very reassuring to know that backuppc
can help out in a bare metal restore too!
:)

Rob Morin
Director of Technologies
Dido Internet Inc.