Les Stott wrote:
Hi all,

Got BackupPC-3.0.0 installed from source on CentOS 5. Compression Level on the pool is 3.

Been running this nicely on a wide number of systems for some time.

I have found some odd errors from rsync while trying to backup large .tgz files (2-4gb)

md4 doesn't match: will retry in phase 1

I checked back in the archives and found that while this is shown as an error, its ok and happens infrequently as per....

http://osdir.com/ml/sysutils.backup.backuppc.general/2005-02/msg00163.html

However.....

my concern is more that the web interface doesn't show these files when the error occurs.

Take for instance 3 backups of 1 host. 108, 109 and 110. 108 finished with no xfer errors. 109 and 110 had xfer errors with "md4 doesnt match" for a file called full.tgz. This file gets re-written each night before the backuppc process.

However if i check the actual directories....

[EMAIL PROTECTED] pc]# ls -la gateway/108/f%2f/fhome/fsx_dump/ffull.tgz
-rw-r----- 2 apache apache 4227851629 Nov 21 00:45 gateway/108/f%2f/fhome/fsx_dump/ffull.tgz
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pc]# ls -la gateway/109/f%2f/fhome/fsx_dump/ffull.tgz
-rw-r----- 2 apache apache 4234795270 Nov 22 01:57 gateway/109/f%2f/fhome/fsx_dump/ffull.tgz
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pc]# ls -la gateway/110/f%2f/fhome/fsx_dump/ffull.tgz
-rw-r----- 2 apache apache 4248857715 Nov 23 01:57 gateway/110/f%2f/fhome/fsx_dump/ffull.tgz

i see that the files are there.

In the web interface if i browse through 109 or 110 i dont see full.tgz. If i browse 108 i do see it. If i use the history link on 110 it looks like full.tgz has only ever existed in 108.

There must be something going on with the md4 error which is stopping it from being displayed in the web interface. Is it a bug? Could compression on the pool be screwing things because its already a tgz file?

Tried turning off compression, still didn't stop errors about md4 not matching and display problems in the web interface.

Anyone got any ideas?

bump.....

i still see this problem with or without compression.

anyone got any clues?

Regards,

Les