Hello i am checking out backuppc currently i am using bacula it is a very
flexible program but very difficult to to get running.

I am haveing difficulty getting backuppc to connect to my Freebsd box that
needs a full backup.  Here is the nitty gritty the server and host are on the
same internal network connected by a dlink router.  I have pcbackup running a
full backup using tar but cannot get it to go.  The below keeps showing up in
the logs also how does backuppc connect anyway? there is a user name field but
no password or anything i am confused please someone help me.

This PC is used by c0mputerking.
Last status is state "idle" (no ping) as of 12/14 19:30.
Last error is "host not found".
Pings to maiko have failed 3 consecutive times.

Computer King & CaN Mail  -  Sales Service Hosting Backup

http://www.computerking.ca     http://www.canmail.org

NEW!!! Custom Service Packages
Secure IMAP Email - Automated Remote Backups - Photo Blogs - Online Accounting
Packages