I have some information for everyone on using rsync for remote backuppc
mirroring.

I have tested this after reading it on an rsync mailing list.

rsync uses roughls 100B per file to be synced so you can do the math to
determine the amount of memory necessary to transfer your fileset.

to find out how many files you have do

> find /directory|wc -l

the is the letter L for wc, not the number 1

so 1,000,000 files would take roughly 98MB

my $TopDIR has about 2Million files so I need about 200MB for rsync.

I run dual-core processors and 2GB of ram in my backuppc servers.  I also
have a server setup with backuppc that has a mirror of another machine.
this way i can get to the data for a restore if i loose the first machine.
I am sharing the config files and everything between the two machines but
the second machine never does backups.

I thought this might be usefull for anyone trying to get a mirror of a
backuppc server.

thanks