Hi all.
I'm new to the list, but i have a very important question.
I've set up a backup server with backuppc and till yesterday was woring
very well.
Yesterday it had a porblem with the raid card (3ware) and it lost the
root partition...don't ask me why...but it happened (we're at the moment
searching a replacement).
But untill we find a new server, i wanted to restore a backup that i
made with backuppc on the same server but on another partition.
I've installed a minimal linux configuration, installed backuppc,
configured backuppc to get the datas from the other partition and then
make a tar file of the whole / dir.
It made it, but when i tried to install that backup on the server, it
gave me problems aboout some files not found:

tar: ./sbin/e2label: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/findfs': No such file or
directory
./sbin/fsck.ext2
tar: ./sbin/fsck.ext2: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/e2fsck': No such file
or directory
./sbin/fsck.ext3
tar: ./sbin/fsck.ext3: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/e2fsck': No such file
or directory
./sbin/ifup
tar: ./sbin/ifup: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/ifdown': No such file or
directory
./sbin/mke2fs
tar: ./sbin/mke2fs: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/mkfs.ext3': No such file
or directory
./sbin/mkfs.ext2
tar: ./sbin/mkfs.ext2: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/mkfs.ext3': No such
file or directory
./sbin/tune2fs
tar: ./sbin/tune2fs: Cannot hard link to `.sbin/findfs': No such file or
directory

So i couldn'd do a full restore...i had to install everything new and
copy the confs.
Why these hard link errors? Is there a special tar command to use?
Thanks for the advices.

Pier