I ran a yum update on my Fedora 7 machine, and among all the other updates
was one for BackupPC. My BackupPC package is now BackupPC-3.0.0-3.fc7 I
might have had BackupPC-2.something beforehand), but I do not know for certain.

The problem is that the machine that was my Archive machine now is being
treated as a normal host, complete with a "This PC has never been backed
up!!" message. The same old config.pl file is in place in that PC's
directory, so I'm at a bit of a loss, given the on-line docs imply that it
should be set up the same way it is.

Any thoughts on what happened? or how to fix the archive record, and get
back in production?

Help!