ok, no ubuntu packages with a specific arch will work on nexenta, the
nexenta platform is solaris-x86 while ubuntu is i386, amd64, etc.

I think I broke perl trying to update it, gcc-4 fried everything!  I did
install gcc-3.4 and then changed the link in /usr/bin/gcc to point to the
gcc-3.4 exec instead of gcc-4 which allowed me to install File::RsyncP via
MCPAN but backuppc still thought it was using 0.52.  I think it is because
of the messed up perl update.

I am reinstalling nexenta from scratch and will just do the gcc-3.4 install
and the File::RsyncP update followed by the backuppc install and see what
happens.

If that does not work, I will download the deb-src for the ubuntu packaged
RsyncP-perl and try to rebuild the deb with gcc-3.4(tried this before but
gcc-4 wouldn't du it)

will post results.

Thanks