On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  My original contention still stands tho; that lowering the priority of the
>  BackupPC_link process is a Good Thing.

I certainly agree - at least for servers where BackupPC is not the
only thing running.

On my Fedora/CentOS systems where BackupPC is not the only thing
running, I add "+20" to the daemon start command in
/etc/init.d/backuppc so it looks like this:

daemon +20 --user backuppc /usr/local/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC -d

I also change the RsyncClientCmd to nice -20 the rsync process in config.pl:

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host nice -20
$rsyncPath $argList+';

-Dave