the real difference between an rsync full and incremental in backuppc are
the 3 following

1) a full has rsync ignore matching mtimes and checksum all files while and
incremental trusts matching mtimes
2)backuppc has a different keep/delete schedule for fulls vs incrementals.
3)an incremental backup in backuppc only holds changed files and and backup
is filled by the previous full backup while a full backup has no dependancy
on another backup.

there are no other differences.

does that explain it??