Holger Parplies schrieb:
> Hi,

> Georg Schilling wrote on 2009-12-15 11:29:26 +0100 [[BackupPC-users] Problems
> on Ubuntu 9.10-Client]:
>> [...]
>> after adding a Ubuntu-Client to our BackupPC-Server I'm struggeling in
>> some kind of rsync-problems. Apart from that. all other Ubuntu-Clients
>> (!=9.10)work like a charm. Our BackupPC-server is a Solaris10-X86-machine.
>>
>> Here comes the XferLOG.bad:
>> - -----8<-----
>> Executing DumpPreUserCmd: /etc/BackupPC/Notify_start_backup full
>> sarpc04.sar.de gep
>> full backup started for directory /bin (baseline backup #53)
>> Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root sarpc04.sar.de /usr/bin/rsync
>> - --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links
>> - --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /bin/
>> Xfer PIDs are now 26244
>> Rsync command pid is 26244
>> Fetching remote protocol
>> Got remote protocol 1752392034
>> Fatal error (bad version): bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot
>> change locale (de)
>
> this is the problem: your remote end outputs 'bash: warning: setlocale:
> LC_ALL: cannot change locale (de)', which it mustn't. Apart from localized
> root error messages being a real pain for the administrator of the machine
> (but that's just my opinion),

FULL ACK!

> BackupPC rsync backups need a data stream free
> of extraneous output. You need to be able to run
>
>       ssh -q -x -l root sarpc04.sar.de /bin/true

As you mentioned there is no output.

> (as backuppc user on the BackupPC server) without getting *any* output. For
> tar backups, the locale settings would matter, for rsync backups I don't
> believe they do. They just need to be correct so you don't get any warning
> messages (maybe you need to use 'de_DE' instead of 'de' somewhere?). You
> probably need to check the bash startup files for root and the global ones or
> basically anything you might have changed to set the locale to 'de'.

After some tests on the bash I found the problem. Within the config.pl
for sarpc04 $Conf{ClientCharset} was set to 'de'. After removing de
backup works fine.

Holger, YMMD!

Remember to have fun,
Georg
- --
georg schilling                                     systemhaus SAR gmbh
 tel: +49 2401 9195-33   http://www.sar.de   arnold-sommerfeld-ring 27
  fax: +49 2401 9195-66                              52499 baesweiler
     amtsgericht aachen - hrb. 5729 - gf hans-juergen schenkelberg
- -Projektmanagement in der Praxis - 3. SAR-Business-Lunch am 20.01.2010-

!DSPAM:2639,4b27893826291401036103!