Hello,

 I am attempting to backup several network folder shares on a Windows client
PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit OS using smb transport method, and
I am receiving the following errors (see below), on *ANY* of the shares that
I add to be backed up by BackupPC. I have had no issues backing up many
different versions of Windows including, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and
Windows Vista. This is our first Windows 7 client PC in our company to be
added to BackupPC and I was wondering if there have been any kind of changes
done in Windows 7 that would be preventing it from being backed up
successfully? Or if Windows 7 is even compatible w/ BackupPC? I have checked
the permissions on the shared folders of the client PC and they seem to be
ok, but I could be wrong. Can anyone suggest/recommend what the permissions
should be on the shared drives/folders? I wasn't sure if this issue is
related to a samba config setting or if I just have the permissions on the
shared drives/folders incorrect? Any help or comments would be greatly
appreciated and if any additional info is needed, please just let me know,
thanks.

 Samba version installed on backup server:  3.2.7-11.4.1

BackupPC version installed on backup server:  3.1.0
Client PC name: 'djwc'
*
Here is the output from my XferLOG: *

  Contents of file /data/BackupPC/pc/djwc/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2010-02-18
08:01:43

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\djwc\\D -U John\ Conner -E -d 1 -c
tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share D
Xfer PIDs are now 30935,30934
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0
sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share D)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share D)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

*Here is the output from the '.pl' file  for the Windows 7 client PC:*

  *djwc.pl file: *

 $Conf{SmbShareName} = ['D', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'C'];

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';

$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = 'morph';

$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'John Conner';

$Conf{FullKeepCnt} = [4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 4];