I believe that those limits, as documented, are out of date.  I know the
cygwin rsync had such a limit (but I thought it was 2 or 4G), but that has
since been resolved if using the latest distribution from cygwin.  I
currently have one 68G file in one of my backups performed using SMB.  Hmm,
thinking about it I probably should validate that file.

Mark Potter