        From: B. Alexander [mailto:stor...@gmail.com]
        Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 2:18 AM
        To: General list for user discussion,questions and support
        Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backing up whole linux system

        Hi Flavio,

        If I am honest, I only back up critical files on the system
(/boot, /lib/modules, /home, /root, /etc, /usr/local, etc) using
backuppc, because I can regenerate a Debian base install without
packages in about 15 minutes, and with a relatively small package list
like is generally on a firewall, I can do an apt-get dselect install
from the previous package list in about the same amount of time as a
restore. YMMV, of course, but one side benefit is that I get a fresh
machine out of the deal.

        I've really had pretty good experience with a variety of boxes
doing it this way, but it all has to do with your needs.

        --b

        On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Boniforti Flavio