Sorry to be banging on the list so much lately, but I've got another issue I
don't understand...

I've modified a copy of BackupPC_archiveHost, with the changes being:

   - I'm piping output to gpg after compression and before splitting
   - I want my archive filenames in this format: 0.$host.tar.gz.gpg.aa

I'm using ArchivePreUserCmd to rename 0.$host.tar.gz.pgp.* to
1.$host.tar.gz.gpg.*.  The renaming is working correctly.

When I start an archive, if there are 0.$host.tar.gz.pgp.* files exist in
the destination, they are renamed as expected but split errors out with:

> Writing tar archive for host tofu, backup #17, split to output files
> /media/s3/backup/0.tofu.tar.gz.gpg.*

/usr/bin/split: /media/s3/backup/0.tofu.tar.gz.gpg.aa: No such file or
> directory

This doesn't make sense to me, because how would split get that filename in
the first place?  Isn't it just receiving data from STDIN?  Or is it somehow
having trouble creating the file?

If I attempt to start the archive again immediately after this failure, it
succeeds.  (No renaming takes place, as this was handled by the failed
attempt.)  This led me to suspect that perhaps BackupPC is trying to start
the archive before the rename process ends (my destination folder is a
mounted Amazon s3 share, so there *could* be latency).  I put a "sleep 60"
in my script after the rename, but that didn't change a thing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks so much,
-Frank