I am running backuppc 3.1.0-4 on a plug computer (ARM processor) with the
Perl rsync fix for ARM processors. On March 24, backuppc did an
incremental backup that picked up two 350MB files which had been uploaded
to my web server. On March,25, backuppc did a full backup and indicated
that the files were 'same' - data transfer was its normally low levels.
Subsequent incremental backups show no activity for these two files.
I moved the two files to another directory on my web server sometime on
March 28. The next incremental backuppc run early on March 29th showed a
backup of the two files in the new location (flagged as 'pool') followed
by a 'delete' of the files in the old location. My backup bandwidth
jumped by over 700MB.
The incremental backup early on March 30th showed the same results: 'pool'
for the files in the new location, 'delete' for the files in the old
location, 700MB of backup bandwidth. I ran a full backup later on March
30th. This time, backuppc flagged the files as 'same' in the new
directory and nothing reported for the deleted files.
Two questions:
* Why did the March 29th incremental backup not recognize that the files
were already in the backup pool?
* Why did the March 30th incremental backup not recognize that the files
had been backed up from the new location?
I recall seeing this problem before when I excluded a bunch of files from
backup and then removed the exclusion - repeated full data transfer on
incremental backups until a full backup had been done.
Thanks, Norbert
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create and publish websites with WebMatrix
Use the most popular FREE web apps or write code yourself;
WebMatrix provides all the features you need to develop and
publish your website. http://p.sf.net/sfu/ms-webmatrix-sf
_______________________________________________
BackupPC-users mailing list
[email protected]
List: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/backuppc-users
Wiki: http://backuppc.wiki.sourceforge.net
Project: http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/