On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Andreas Piening
<andreas.pien...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> using a outdated image for restoring and "manually" copying things over is
> not an option for me. The Server is a domain-controller with several
> profiles, running two databases and have proprietary software installed that
> relies on registry settings and all that silly stuff.
>
> I don't see another chance then using a nightly created image atm and I can
> live with space-waste, no pooling and heavy IO but I just want this in-file
> incremental rsync to work as expected because the only thing that breaks it
> is that I can't transfer 80 GB of data through a DSL50 line every night.
> This would exceed the time-window I have for the backup.

Can you park another drive nearby - preferably on a different machine
but not absolutely necessary?   Then script a local copy during your
backup window and dribble the offsite copy out after it completes.
That gives you a much faster restore option unless you have a site
disaster or it failed mid-backup, and the backuppc history will cover
those risks.

       lesmikes...@gmail.com