It should be easier to run as a non-root user on the client. It is
confusing now because we specify a username on the client in the host
configuration, however the SSH session to the client is not using this
username. Instead, the suggested RsyncClientCmd and RsyncClientRestoreCmd
use the username 'root' , as follows.
   $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host $rsyncPath
$argList+';

Several variable substitutions are being done, but not for client username.
Instead we can hard-code it in place of 'root'. This however means that the
username on the client has to be specified in multiple places - in the file
hosts, and  2 times in each client's config.pl.

I request that things be simplified by doing a variable substitution for
$sshLogin (password is not necessary when using authorized_keys2). We are
allowed to specify multiple usernames in the hosts file for each client, so
the first username could be used in this substitution.

--
Bhaskar S. Manda