Bob,

What kind of issue are you running in to? I installed about 6-9 months ago
on CentOS 7. I didn't write down any instructions though - I'm terrible
about that. I only ran into a couple of issues that I can recall:

1) Dependencies - A few were missing and I had manually install them. I
think the BackupPC install script listed the dependencies, and whether I
had them installed or not. I would just cancel the installer, add the
missing dependencies, and then re-run the installer. A couple of libraries,
I couldn't identify the package off the top of my head, but I was able to
locate which package had the library from a quick Google search.

2) The installer did not have a good init script for the newest version of
CentOS I was using. I found a couple tips on the list serve and then wrote
my own init script to start BackupPC on system startup for CentOS. The main
issue was the temp file system in /var/run/BackupPC was not being created
properly, so BackupPC would not start or wouldn't stay running.

If you can let me know what specific issue your having, I can try and give
you a hand.

David

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Bob of Donelson Trophy <
b...@donelsontrophy.net> wrote:

>  I know this is a very general request but, I have been trying to install
> BackupPC4.0.0alpha3.tar,gz on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.
>
> It is not as simple as "Install essentials, install
> BackupPC-XS-0.3.0.tar.gz, install rsync-bpc-3.0.9.3.tar.gz, install
> BackupPC4.0.0alpha3.tar.gz., etc."
>
> I believe I have solved most of my dependencies issues.
>
> Does anyone have any notes to better guide me than the information that I
> cannot
> find on the net?
> --

> Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy