Hi Stephen,
comments inline below.

Il 16/05/2016 14:05, Stephen Joyce ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Lars and Mauro. It's great that you've taken this on.
>
> FWIW, I contacted Craig directly last week and received a reply over the
> weekend. It sounds like he's quite busy, and does not regularly read these
> lists, but he still hopes to be able to contribute more in the future (ie,
> review updates and releases).
MANY THANKS!
Is there any chance You are "stephen14"?
I assume this means we have Craig's blessing for this initiative (if we do not
screw it up, of course ;) )

> He also mentioned that the one remaining feature he had planned for 4.0
> before it became beta was FTP. Unless there is a large demand among users for
> FTP, I'm unsure it should hold up the beta label. Thoughts?
I must confess I never really used v4, I remained on "stable" v3.
All who are using v4 in production environment are urged to comment on this
issue.
Bug reports and rough edges should be reported ASAP as github issues.
I will wait some time (2w?) and then, if nothing major shows up I'll make a
first release.

> In any event, since the sourceforge pages are currently the 'official'
> location where new users land (and where distros look for new code), I asked
> him to make me an admin on the sourceforge project page. So if changes are
> needed there, including a link to patched and/or bleeding-edge source on
> github before it makes it into an official release, I can do that. I'm also
> amenable to a few other regular contributors having admin as long as they
> have the time, inclination, and ability to help out.
I think you should add a line stating development is continuing on github, with
a pointer there.
Later, if things really pick up speed, we can also obsolete the SourceForge
project, but I wouldn't rush it now.

> I think if it's eventually officiallyhosted on github, it's important to
> leave the door open for Craig to assist when/if time permits.
Of course.
BackupPC is his project and he is welcome whenever he likes.
If You have his github account (if any, otherwise he will have to open one) I'm
pretty sure Lars will be happy to add it to github organization.

ANY input from him, either direct or through You will be most welcome.
Please inform him, if possible and if he has time, about our intentions, if he
objects we would really like not to go against his wishes.

In particular I would like to have his blessing in the move from the (somewhat
obsolete) CVS repository to github (and git in general).
Note this means the old repo should be "frozen" and any commit should happen in
the new one would he agree?
Keeping two different repos in sync doesn't seem sensible to me.

> Cheers,
> Stephen
Regards
Mauro