In Github master, I renamed the init.d directory to systemd, added a
template backuppc.service, and updated the README file. See
https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/tree/master/systemd. The template
service file is in
https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/blob/master/systemd/src/backuppc.service
.

When you run configure.pl it updates the settings in
systemd/src/backuppc.service and deposits the output in
systemd/backuppc.service.  It still updates the old init.d files (now in
systemd/src), but they are now put in a subdirectory (systemd/init,d).

Craig

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Craig Barratt <
cbarr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I'd love to include robust systemd templates and clearly written docs in
> the vanilla BackupPC release (and on the Wiki).  Previously, the package
> managers had to include their own favorite flavors since the upstream
> release doesn't include any.  That presents problems, such as having many
> different flavors in the field, and make it more difficult to upgrade a
> package install with the vanilla upstream release.
>
> If one or more folks could volunteer to pull that together, I'll include
> it in the next release.  There's also a git issue #57 on this topic:
> https://github.com/backuppc/backuppc/issues/57.  It would be good to
> factor in that input too.
>
> Craig
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[Analytical
> Mechanics Associates, INC.] <mark.moorcr...@nasa.gov> wrote:
>

>> Awesome news. I have been waiting for this day for 10+ years.
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> The current Fedora / EPEL package supplies a SystemD unit file but it uses
>>
>> type=oneshot which I don't agree with (although it works). I'm currently
>>
>> working on taking over maintenance of the package since the current
>>
>> maintainer doesn't really use it anymore. I plan on changing the service
>>
>> file to:
>>

>> # systemctl cat backuppc.service
>>
>> # /etc/systemd/system/backuppc.service
>>
>> [Unit]
>>
>> Description= BackupPC server
>>
>> After=syslog.target local-fs.target remote-fs.target
>>

>> [Service]
>>
>> Type=forking
>>
>> User=backuppc
>>
>> Group=backuppc
>>
>> ExecStart=/usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC -d
>>
>> PIDFile=/var/run/BackupPC/BackupPC.pid
>>

>> [Install]
>>
>> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>>

>> Keep in mind that the package patches the location of the pid file as 3.X
>>
>> put it in the log directory ($logDir or something like that).
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Richard
>>

>> --
>>
>> Contractor: AMA Incorporated
>>
>> Mark Moorcroft – Lead Admin
>>
>> ESTRAD Linux Computer Support
>>
>> Trouble Tickets - tssupp...@dactyl.arc.nasa.gov
>>
>> NASA Ames Research Center
>>
>> Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
>>
>> N230/108 (MS N230-1)
>>
>> Desk Phone # +1-650-604-4784 <(650)%20604-4784>

  • [BackupPC-... Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[Analytical Mechanics Associates, INC.]
    • Re: [... Richard Shaw
    • Re: [... Moorcroft, Mark (ARC-TS)[Analytical Mechanics Associates, INC.]
      • R... Craig Barratt
        • ... Craig Barratt
          • ... Richard Shaw
            • ... Craig Barratt