On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikes...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can't you name the package backuppc4 so they can have overlapping life
> spans and updates?   Seems safer than putting a same-named package in
> a different repo where a future update will probably accidentally pull
> in some other same-named package and clobber the one you wanted to
> keep.

I could create a new package but that would require a package review and
even after all the work I've done cleaning up the package after taking over
maintenance on it I'm doubtful it would pass the current packaging
guidelines.

In either case the end user would be required to enable the Fedora EPEL
repository, it's not much more of a hurdle to install my COPR for it.
Additionally an update sits in updates-testing for two weeks before it can
be pushed to stable which means there would be a significant delay between
a new release and the end user getting it. Maybe after development
stabilizes a bit more it may be worth going through the effort.

Thanks,
Richard