From: "Richard Shaw" [hobbes1...@gmail.com]
Date: 05/10/2017 15:47
To: "General list for user discussion,
        questions and support" <backuppc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 4.1.2 released

Note: Original message sent as attachment
--- Begin Message ---
Replying just to the user list...

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 5:36 PM, daveinredm...@excite.com <
daveinredm...@excite.com> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed v4.1.2 on OpenSUSE Leap 42.2??? I am
> considering migrating my sever from Ubuntu to OpenSUSE, but have not been
> able to successfully install BackupPC. It is running, but out of control -
> i.e. the log file updates daily but I have no web interface ("There is
> either no index document or the directory is read-protected. "), thus an
> Apache problem??

If you're willing to try Suse, an RPM based distro, then why not CentOS?

I'm actively supporting the package through my COPR[1].

You just do a CentOS install, enable the extras and Fedora EPEL
repositories...

Per https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

Extras is enabled by default on CentOS and has instructions for installing
Fedora EPEL

Then download the repo file from my COPR into /etc/yum.repo.d/

Then:

yum install BackupPC

Look at the readme provided in the package for configuration instructions.

Let me know if you attempt this and let me know if I missed anything so I
can update the package.

Thanks,
Richard

--- End Message ---