Could it be that the first backup takes a long time to hash (or whatever)
the file list before the backup-procedure actually starts?

Is the firewall on the Win-server setup to allow incoming connections from
your BPC-server?

FWIW, I've never been able to backup our AD-connected Windows 2000/2008/2012
servers, unless I've used DeltaCopy.
Maybe Windows 2016 is the same.

More info about DeltaCopy:
http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp