Brent,

First you should tell us which versions of rsync, BackupPC and rsync-bpc
you are using.  If they are old, you should upgrade and try again.

Assuming you are using relatively recent versions (ie, at least 4.1.x), you
should run the restore with a high level of debug logging.  Specifically:

   - set $Conf{XferLogLevel} to 8
   - increase the rsync logging by adding -vvv to $Conf{RsyncRestoreArgs}
   - run a restore of that file, and send me the RestoreLOG file (don't
   post to the list)
   - then change the logging back, or else your next backup will generate a
   huge log file.

Craig