Unable to connect to a new Windows 10 client via SMB for backup. Command-line testing with 'smbclient' works ok:

$ smbclient -L new-pelican -Ubackup%xxxxxxx

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
ADMIN$ Disk Remote Admin
C Disk
C$ Disk Default share
E Disk
E$ Disk Default share
IPC$ IPC Remote IPC
Users Disk
SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available

Note the last line of the output above ("SMB1 disabled...").

I can login with 'smbclient' and interactively display files in the shares. BackupPC, however, won't connect.

2018-07-27 15:07:03 Backup failed on new-pelican (No files dumped for share C$)

Googling the SMB1 reference leads to suggestions to add the following to smb.conf:

client min protocol = SMB2
client max protocol = SMB3

I added this and restarted Samba. This doesn't resolve the issue. Other suggestions?

Thanks.
--
Tim Evans                       |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864                    |Owings Mills, MD 21117