On 2018-08-04 10:55, daggs wrote:
Greetings,

I have a windows installation running inside a kvm vm, for past
experience, backup using the samba protocol is unreliable (mostly
permissions issue which cause the backup to fail).

This is probably why rsync is the protocol of choice for Windows rather than smb.

so I'v decided to try a different approach, I want to run a script on
the vm's host prior to the backup, preform the backup only if it
doesn't fails, run the backup and run another script on the vm's host
in the same manner as the pre.

Sure, this is the kind of thing DumpPreUserCmd is designed for. I'm not sure how this is a different approach, or how it relates to solving your protocol issue, though.

the main idea is to mount the image remotely, use rsync to backup and
unmount the image.

Naturally, the image will not be able to be pooled.

does backuppc supports the able features?

What is an "able feature?"

Thanks,

Dagg.