I did that. What I found was missleading (inode limit wrong).

I found the problem: beside the size off the Volume (HDD) I turned on another
feature of the NAS to Limit the folders size (I wanted to test it and forget
about that). So while the Volume had enough space, the system did not allow to
use that o.O

Regards,
Oliver Lippert