I'm a BackupPC newbie but I seem to have things up and running nicely. Seems a very impressive tool. One thing that doesn't seem to work for me as described in the documentation is the handling of files when browsing backups. The docs say:

Your browser should prompt you with the filename and ask you whether to open the file or save it to disk.

I took that to mean that I would have the option to view the contents of the file, either directly in the browser for content it can render (text, pdf etc.) or by opening the application associated with the relevant MIME type. I don't get that option though, I just get a File Save dialog box. That allows me to save the file locally, after which I can successfully open it. For those times when you just want to take a peep at a previous version though, it's not quite as convenient as opening it directly.

My uses Nginx rather than Apache (because the machine already runs Nginx). Could that be source of the glitch, or have I perhaps misunderstood how it's supposed to work?

SteveR.