Hi,

With BackupPC 4, I understand the pc directories and the pool can be on separate filesystems. With BackupPC 3, I saw it was often recommended just to symlink /var/lib/backuppc to the actual mount point if it wasn't part of the device that holds the OS, what's the recommended way of handling the separation of pool and pc directories?

The aim is to have the pc directories on a smaller raid array made of SSDs that can hold current backups of all clients and then have a larger array of huge but relatively slow harddisks to hold the backup history.