Jean-Marc,

Thanks for reporting back on this issue and confirming the uncompressed
file contents are the same.  As you saw, in 4.3.0 having a duplicate pool
file is no longer a fatal error for BackupPC_tarExtract - it just adds a
warning message to the XferLOG file.

I can't explain why two different but identical pool files got created.  It
must have been that the first file there failed to match when it should
have, causing BackupPC to think the new file was different.  This could be
due to a wide variety of reasons -  a bug somewhere, undetected memory
errors, an undetected disk error etc.  There's no real side effect, other
than a tiny increase in pool storage since you have two copies of the
file.  Eventually one of them will no longer be referenced (when the
corresponding backup is deleted) and it will be removed.

Craig