On 2019-05-06 00:26, THÉBAULT Arnaud wrote:
HI,

I am  new to backuppc.. again ( I was used to work with it nearly  15
years ago…)

I have an issue when trying to backup a Windows 10 computer with
rsyncd.

When initiating the backup from the backupPC GUI, it never starts.

There is no error message in the log file.

I have tried to launch it manually  (
__INSTALLDIR__/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f hostname ) and it works fine
without any error message.

So I have no idea why it doesn't work when I start it from the GUI.

Best Regards,

Arnaud THEBAULT

The logs should tell you for sure, but the most likely reason is that the Windows 10 system isn't pingable, which is the default.