So I've been using BackupPC successfully for MANY years on Fedora and
CentOS 7 (I'm even the Fedora / EPEL package maintainer) but something has
got me stumped on CentOS 8 after a new install.

I did work through a few issues which I went back and fixed in the RPM spec
file, but I've got everything up and running, however, when I request a
backup from the web interface it responds that's everything's fine but
nothing actually happens.

There's no host log, period, nothing, zilch.

It's hard to diagnose a problem when there's no error reported. Manual
backups using BackupPC_dump work as expected.

Ideas?

I'm about to give up and put Fedora on it instead but I would prefer not to
have all the frequent updates on a box that goes in the closet.

Thanks,
Richard