Now that I have btrfs snapshots set up, I decided to test a full
backup and restore by comparing the snapshot with the backup-restore
via rsync, using the following command:
    sudo -u backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h myhost -n -1
-s myshare . | sudo tar --acls --selinux --xattrs -xvf -

Interestingly, I found that everything worked *except* that it failed
to copy any sockets or any extended attributes.

1. Sockets were not copied at all - but that is seemingly just a tar
   limitation since tar can't copy 'special' files.
   Indeed, backuppc-fuse shows that the files are actually backed up by bakcuppc

2. Extended attributes (ACLs and SELinux context) were *never* restored

   This seems to be a problem with 'BackupPC_tarCreate" since:
   a] Using tar alone, I can copy the files with all their extended attributes
        cd <myshare>; tar --acls --selinux --xattrs -cf - mac ) | tar xf -
   b] Similarly, raw rsync copies all the files faithfully
       rsync -navcxXAOH --delete <myshare> .
   b] Backuppc-fuse shows the extended attributes
      (though that being said backuppc-fuse adds SELinux context attributes
      to files that don't have them... perhaps there is something wrong
      with the inheritance??

Note: I tried adding ' --xargs --acls --selinux --xattrs'
to $Conf{TarClientRestoreCmd} but that didn't help.

So, 2 questions:
1. Why doesn't BackupPC_tarCreate restore the extended attributes?
2. Why does backuppc-fuse show extended attributes for files that
   don't have them originally?