Comparing with omv rather than the Alpine Linux in the docker container
gives the following:

lsb_release -a
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        9.13
Codename:       stretch

perl -V
osname=linux, osvers=3.16.0, archname=arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
uname='linux localhost 3.16.0 #1 smp debian 3.16.0 armv7l gnulinux '
perl5 (revision 5 version 24 subversion 1)
ivtype='long long'
ivsize=8

So I guess the problem is how perl was compiled for the docker container
rather than the arm processor.

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 at 02:35, Guillermo Rozas <guille2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Same here on a Banana Pi Pro running Armbian:
>
> Distributor ID: Debian
> Release:        9.13
> Codename:       stretch
>
> Perl5 (revision 5 version 24 subversion 1)
> ivtype='long long'
> ivsize=8
>
> Regards,
> Guillermo

>> bit IVs. I'm surprised it is built that way - does anyone know if that is
>> default for perl on arm generally?
>>
>> I have a Raspberry Pi 4 running
>>
>> lsb_release -a
>>
>> No LSB modules are available.
>> Distributor ID: Raspbian
>> Release:        10
>> Codename:       buster
>>
>> And Perl shows:
>>
>> This is perl 5, version 28, subversion 1 (v5.28.1) built for
>> arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
>>
>>     ivtype='long long'
>>     ivsize=8
>>
>> So, probably not the default for all ARM installs.
>>
>> Doug

David Walton