On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 7:44 AM Arnar Þórarinsson <
arnar.thorarins...@isavia.is> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> BackupPC install via EPEL
>
> # rpm -qa | grep -i backup
>
> BackupPC-4.4.0-1.el8.x86_64
>
> BackupPC-XS-0.62-1.el8.x86_64
>

> Also, dnf info backuppc does suggest looking at README.setup found under
> /usr/share/doc/BackupPC/
>
> Using su -s /bin/bash -l backuppc I can generate ssh keys and set up
> passwordless logins to clients.
>

> Still the wrong ownership of /var/lib/BackupPC is an issue with the
> install packages.

No, I was trying to make that clear in my original response. The package I
build sets it correctly. I still don't know how yours was different.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/BackupPC/blob/rawhide/f/BackupPC.spec#_327

Fixed with chown -R backuppc.root /var/lib/BackupPC , problem with that is
> SELINUX, you will have problems with SELINUX and have to do some selinux
> stuff for everything to work properly, and yes SELINUX should always be
> enabled.
>
> For me the following worked.

I'm glad it worked but it should not be necessary as the package should
also set the selinux permissions correctly.

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/BackupPC/blob/rawhide/f/BackupPC.spec#_118

I would double check where the packages are coming from and first try
reinstalling them.

# dnf reinstall BackupPC

Thanks,
Richard