On 7/2/21 6:12 PM, backu...@kosowsky.org wrote:
Tim Evans wrote at about 16:35:27 -0400 on Friday, July 2, 2021:
  > On 7/2/21 2:15 PM, Ademir Rodrigues wrote:
  > > Hello i'm new user here.
  > >
  > > I am with problem in my installation, some hosts appear with error
  > > "tarExtract: Unexpected end of tar archive"
  > >
  > > Exist some log that i can the backup in live view, to help me the better
  > > identify what is causing the error?
  >
  > Review of the archives for this list will show you SMB backups with
  > BackupPC are highly unreliable.  Numerous of reports like yours have
  > passed on the list without response. It seems apparent the developers
  > don't intend to fully support SMB backups.

Non-sequitur much?
The OP is talking about Tar backups and you bring in SMB backups which
is an entirely different method...

UM, SMB backups use the Samba utility "smbtar'. This error occurs at the very end of a backup as Linux's 'tar' is unpacking the backups created by 'smbtar'.

--
Tim Evans                       |5 Chestnut Court
443-394-3864                    |Owings Mills, MD 21117