Hello all...

I was looking at a way to start up my vpn from our remote backup site to
the office when backuppc starts a job.

I googled around for quite a bit and saw some people were using  a script
in place of the pingcmd parameter.

I have tried that but i cant get it to work, as well as stop the connection
when done using the PostDumpCmd.

In a host, where the PingCmd text box is located i entered:
/usr/local/bin/Connect2Office.sh
And made sure the check mark was there and I saved it.

The script itself is below, not much at all, really.

#!/bin/bash
/bin/true
sudo openvpn --daemon --config /etc/openvpn/gateway.hardent.com.ovpn
echo $?

I added the --daemon in order to put the process in the background while
running
/bin/true is there because i thought the exit status had to be something
and the echo $? is there for same exit status reason.

The user backuppc is allowed to sudo that script via the sudoers file.

Now , when I manually run this command as the user backuppc or root,  from
the command line, all works well, and I can manually start a backup and it
completes fine.

However, when I click on the start incremental job from GUI for the same
host, as a test, the log file simply shows the below and nothing gets
backed up.

2021-07-12 14:49:45 incr backup started back to 2021-07-12 14:33:53 (backup
#0) for directory /etc

Then after several minutes of nothing i dequeue the backup and get the
below, which is of course normal.

2021-07-12 14:51:26 Aborting backup up after signal INT

I am sure I am doing something stupid....
Any help would be appreciated.

Have a great day!

Rob Morin
Systems/Network Administrator