Hello,
first, thanks for your answer.

I'm using using the Debian packages.

As i can see in changelogs (https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/b/backuppc/backuppc_4.4.0-3_changelog), there is no problem.

my concern was more about compatibility between backups made with backuppc 3.3.2-2 and backuppc 4.4.0-3, as well as compatibility of configurations.
I don't see any such concerns anywhere.
So I can go with my eyes "almost" closed?
No risk to see my current backups (backuppc 3.3.2-2) disappear

About your note "version 4.x of BackupPC
"version 4.x of BackupPC does not traverse filesystems"
I'm not quite sure what that means.
I guess it's because I don't use this feature?

Thanks again