Hi All,

I'm attempting to set-up BackupPC for use with our linux server
infrastructure, using either rsync or rsyncd. I'm currently running
the Ubuntu package of BackupPC (Version 3.3.2-3), with rsync_bpc
version 3.1.3.0 protocol version 31.

So far things work great! However, I'm running into problems when
attempting to preserve ACLs. So in either the global config or the
host specific config, I add the following to the rsyncExtraArgs:
--acls
and I've also tried adding --fake-super along with the acls option,
and every time I run a backup with the acls arg, I get the following:

rsyncd attempt:
full backup started for directory netfiles (baseline backup #2)
Connected to filesrv1:873, remote version 31
Negotiated protocol version 28
Connected to module netfiles
Sending args: --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group
-D --links --hard-links --times --recursive --acls --ignore-times . .
Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Unable to read 4 bytes)
Backup aborted (Unable to read 4 bytes)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

rsync attempt:
full backup started for directory netfiles (baseline backup #2)
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root filesrv1 /usr/bin/rsync --server
--sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links
--times --recursive --acls --ignore-times . netfiles/
Xfer PIDs are now 141899
Rsync command pid is 141899
Got remote protocol 31
Negotiated protocol version 28
Checksum seed is 1667312941
Got checksumSeed 0x63612d2d
Read EOF:
Tried again: got 0 bytes
fileListReceive() failed
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (fileListReceive failed)
Backup aborted (fileListReceive failed)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the
prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Is there something I'm missing? ACL functionality is critical for that
server as we rely on the POSIX ACLs.

Thanks,
Ralph