Hi ,

Ok tried the bextract cmd again got :

 bextract -V apolloprofilesfull-0001 /offsite1/apolloprofiles /tmp
bextract: butil.c:258 Using device: "/offsite1/apolloprofiles" for
reading.
01-Apr 13:14 bextract: bextract Warning: Could not unserialize Volume
label: ERR=label.c:205 Expecting Volume Label, got FI=SOS_LABEL
Stream=16 len=181

Mount Volume "apolloprofilesfull-0001" on device
/offsite1/apolloprofiles and press return when ready:

This was after I used bcopy to copy the original volume to the offite
disk.My sd.conf is as follows:

#START APOLLOPROFILES OFFSITE1 STORAGE DEFINITIONS
Device {
  Name = apolloprofilesoffsite1FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /offsite1/apolloprofiles
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled
media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

I basically just recreated the Storage definition for the offsite disk
(although I don't actually run a job for it from the console) , will it
work if I change RemovableMedia to "yes"?

Regards ,

Danie Theron